Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Monday 25 October 2010

Colour is the new Black and White!

The weekend has drawn to a close without the sound of the shutters closing; however, all is not lost! With my procrastinating at an all time low, I've managed to put the weekend to good use by spending some time practicing the dark arts of Photoshop. As I mentioned in my last post, I've been enjoying the wonders of cross processing and am well and truly hooked.

I've revisited some of my older shots and am amazed by the new life the technique brings to them. I don't think it works for every picture, and I doubt it will ever exceed my love for black and white pictures. Maybe Colour is the new Black and White! :-)

I need to get it out of my system and let it take its place as another tool on the belt. A few more pics to help with the exorcism (or perhaps add more fuel to the fire!). Your thoughts are welcome as always :-)



1 comment:

  1. These really do have an extra something now! I love the one of the graffiti especially. And Trafalgar Square looks so much moodier, in an entirely good way. I'm inspired to have a bit of a play with cross-processing myself... thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete