Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Saturday 23 April 2011

George and Becky - My First Engagement Shoot

Like many people who get an opportunity to do something they love, I feel very lucky. But today I'm feeling exceptionally fortunate.

When I decided that I wanted to take on photography professionally, it didn't fully occur to me that I'd get the opportunity to photograph people I know and like (and get to call it work!).

I've known George for several years through a mutual friend and was delighted to hear not only was he engaged, but he'd like me to photograph his wedding in May.

This will be my first wedding that doesn't see me as second shooter and I honestly can't wait. I'd long decided that one of the things I want to do with my wedding bookings is a pre-wedding/engagement shoot. It seems a great way to relax the couple for the big day (and myself) and talk over some of the details. Above all that though, the pictures are always full of love and smiles.

Yesterday, on a warm sunny spring(!?!) day, I took some pictures of George and his beautiful bride-to-be Becky. I think from the photographs you can see how happy these two are and a joy to spend time with. I'm very grateful for them asking me to be a part of their special day.

Below are some photographs of the lovely couple and one of their special wedding gift - Molly :-)











No comments:

Post a Comment