Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Monday 20 August 2012

Visiting Home

So another long absence from the inter-verse and some more photographs to show for it. I'm slowly making progress through my images but it's been a hectic couple of months to say the least. In that time I did manage to spend some time back home in Ireland.

It seems a bit odd to be calling Ireland 'home' when it's been almost 10 years since I moved to England. At the time I'd planned to travel much further than Birmingham, but I won't complain when I can fly to Dublin in less than an hour :)

For our latest trip home we decided to go by train and boat. It seemed sensible at the time given Cullan's love for all that appears in Thomas the Tank Engine. But we'd underestimated the enjoyment level of an eight-hour journey with a little man with an even shorter attention span.

I think we all enjoyed this last trip the most. Cullan enjoying his daily ritual of a lollipop and playing on mommy's iphone while waiting for his uncles to wake up. A trip to the beach, zoo and as much fun as he could have with everyone. Plus a day dressed as Spider-man (I wore my hulk t-shirt!).







As always, too little time and too few people caught up with. Maybe the lottery will be kind and next time can be longer!

Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment