Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Sunday 16 September 2012

Outside? Yeah I remember that!

I've had some busy times recently and sadly it's not been with my photography. A recent visit to the hospital left me all Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window (that would be Shia Labeouf in Disturbia for the young film buffs). In short, I've been housebound and grumpy.

I'd love to say it inspired me to take the opportunity to do some still life shots or a bit of product stuff but no. A combination of a lot of pain and a lot of sleeping has resulted in me watching every film the television has to offer and seeing very little sunlight.

As always, there is of course a silver-lining. I did get to spend a lot more time with my little monster, who is growing so quickly I fear he'll soon overtake me. I'm also feeling much better as each day passes so I'll have little excuse not to hold my camera and get on with some projects. I've already managed to take a few shots in the house and out the back garden. All of these shots were with a 100mm macro which despite focusing slower than my gran (or son when he's distracted by cartoons), is a beautiful lens. 









Although the days are getting noticeably colder, the sun is still making an appearance. Despite my crippling fear of spiders (not an exaggeration in the slightest, they are my kryptonite!), I had to photograph the amazing webs that catch the sun in our back garden. I shot fast before the occupants showed up :-)

Tom :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment