Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Saturday 23 October 2010

Cross Processing

So another weekend arrives, the gloom of the corporate world is temporarily lifted . . . and all too quickly replaced by crazy interchangeable weather.

But every challenge brings opportunity (an expression I can only abide outside of work, inside I normally want physical harm to befall its speaker). I've decided today's opportunity was a bit of Photoshop practice and a quick go at Cross Processing.

This is an interesting effect born in the film era and now replicated in the digital world. Its origins are from people (intentionally or otherwise) processing film with chemicals appropriate for a different type of film. If you've seen the film Domino, you'll remember the funky contrast and green/yellow hue.

Below is my eternal source of inspiration and the catalyst for many a sleepless night. My cross processed son Cullan :-)

1 comment:

  1. cross-processing suits him well :o)

    wv is callun... seriously, how weird is that?

    ReplyDelete