Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Sunday 17 October 2010

Macro World

Went exploring today with my macro lens and happened across this little wonder. The door handle was resting in the soil just a few feet from the path. I must have had my macro eyes on and managed to spot it.

I've probably watched Guillermo Del Toro films too much but my thoughts were immediately of fairytales, trolls and magic doors to other worlds. Perhaps I should make up a story about it, to tell my little monster when he's older.

It's made me wonder what Del Toro's take on Alice in Wonderland would be? That's a film I would love to see made, Guillermo through the looking glass.

Think I need to buy Pan's Labyrinth and take a walk in his world again! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, love this one - macro view into magic worlds... perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete