Pages

Hello!

My name is Thomas David Kavanagh, a photographer that shoots wedding, lifestyle and commercial portraiture. I was born and bred in Dublin, Ireland but have been living in Birmingham, England for the past decade.

I have started a photography business called Saol Photography. Saol (pronounced 'Sail') is the Irish word for 'life'. I chose this as it represents how important photography is to me as well as the type of photographs I want to make.

In this blog I will share details of how my business progresses and also the projects that I am working on. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated. All of the writing and images seen in this blog are created by me and I retain the copyright. Should you wish to use any of my images, please contact me for permission.

Thank you for taking the time to visit,
Tom :-)

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Graffiti in Dublin

I think it's fair to say that after 10 years of living in the UK, I know more of Birmingham than I do of my birthplace Dublin.

It seems like every time I go back something new has opened, something old has closed and someone has put a random 'spike' in the middle of a busy street.

Even during my most recent visit I was surprised at the amount of building work that was taking place. Especially given the problems with the economy (not that Ireland is the only place experience that particular issue).

Birmingham has some incredible street art, a stroll around Digbeth is visiting an art exhibition. But beyond tags on a wall I don't remember seeing anything like it growing up in Ireland.

When I mentioned to my brother Paul that I wanted to photograph some street art in the city centre (which most Dubliners will refer to as "town"), he knew exactly where to go to find some amazing work. I'm beginning to think that next time I'm home I should jump on the tourist bus and 're-acquaint' myself with Dublin.




The genius of 'Zombie Monopoly'.

Beware the dog! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment